So you have registered? Now what?
Fundraisers are really just excuses to have a party! Think of something that your friends/family and you like to do, and make it a benefit to help meet your fundraising goal so you can go rappelling.
1. Send an Email! We’ve made it easy for you by writing appealing text and including all of your personalization ready for you to copy-and-paste into your personal email. We’ve included Your Name, Team Name (if any), Your Personal URL (or your Team’s URL) and more!
Copy and paste this personalized, ready-to-use content from your Launchpad to send an email from your own inbox, to family and friends inviting them to join you or your team and donate to your page. The Launchpad is available from your login menu after you’ve registered and paid, plus anytime you login. Click on “Fundraising Email” in the Launchpad to access this amazing fundraising feature!
2. Get Floor and Foot Sponsors! Divide the number of floors or feet into your minimum amount raised. $500/9 floors is $56 pledge per floor or $500/116 feet is $5 per foot. Make it easy for your friends and family to give!
3. Have an Office Campaign! Organize mini-fundraisers. Sell cookies at your desk, keep a basket at your desk and ask people to help you rappel. Better yet, challenge a co-worker in another department to see who can raise the most money to rappel. Get creative!
4. Put the FUN in FUNdraising! Consider a lemonade stand, a garage sale, a bake sale or a car wash… there are lots of FUN ways to raise money for The Lord’s Place. Be sure you let us know what you are doing to raise money – we want to let the world know about your FUN endeavor!
5. Spread the Word! The Lord’s Place has rack cards, buttons, bumper stickers and more! Please let us know what you need to spread the word about this great event!
Key Elements to a successful Fundraiser
- Start planning early
- Promote your event
- Use social media and e-vites to spread the word quickly and cheaply
- Be sure to send out reminders as your event approaches
- Tell each guest to bring another friends or two
- Decide if you’ll be charging a flat rate or simply asking for a suggested donation
- Include a silent auction or raffle to increase donations at your event
- Pass around a jar at the event and ask people to donate their change
For other great ideas and inspiration click on the links below.